Zoo Med ReptiCare Rock Heater
Zoo Med Repticare Rock Heater is made of a hydrated rock material that is twice as strong as cement or pumice. Hydrated rock material conducts heat more evenly with no hot spots!
- Hydrated rock material is twice as strong as cement or pumice
- Conducts heat evenly with no hot spots
- Water resistant element with a washable surface
Water resistant element with a washable surface. Not to be used as a primary source for tropical or desert type reptiles. This rock heater is UL Listed for safe operation.
- Mini Rock Heater - Use with Small Lizards and Snakes including: Baby Bearded Dragons, Collard Lizards, Swifts, Terrestrial Geckos, Small Corn or King Snakes, etc.
- Standard Rock Heater - Use with all types of Snakes and Lizards including: Boas, Pythons, Rat Snakes, King Snakes, Monitors and Tegus.
- Giant Rock Heater - Use with many large size species of snakes and lizards.
Please note - the temperature is not controllable on this item. We recommend also purchasing the Zoo Med Repti-Temp Rheostat to control temperature setting. A rock heaters function is to facilitate digestion. A rock heater should never be the sole source of heat. Never cover or bury the rock heater with anything. If your reptile never leaves the rock heater then your terrarium is too cold and you need an additional heat source. Designed for use in glass terrariums only.
Made in the USA. Zoo Med rock heaters are cUL/CSA/T1/2V approved.
1-year manufacturer's warranty.
Q: Why use Rock Heaters
A: In nature the sun beats down on rocks and pavement (roads) which hold heat. Many species of reptiles will take advantage of this heat during the day or early evening to help heat-up their digestive tract and facilitate food digestion. The ReptiCare Rock Heater replicates this heated stone feature found in nature and is very useful for reptiles that eat large meals (ie: mice and rats) like Pythons, Boas, Monitor Lizards, Tegus, etc.